Melanie B. Waters, MCD, CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist
My name is Melanie Waters, and I’ve been married to my best friend, Mike, for over 30 years, and have two wonderful sons, Alex and Geoffrey. I’ve had the privilege of working with children of all ages for over 30 years. I feel very blessed to be in a position to help individuals improve their communication skills, build relationships, and achieve more success in life!
See the information below for my credentials.
- B.S. Speech & Hearing Sciences, University of South Alabama
- Master of Communication Disorders, Auburn University
- Extensive continuing education in the following areas:
Dyslexia (Orton-Gillingham principles), Autism Spectrum Disorder, Apraxia, Auditory Processing Disorder, Orofacial myology
- Alabama Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology (ABESPA)
- American Speech, Hearing & Language Association (ASHA)
- Bay Area Speech & Hearing Association (BASHA) (Past President)
- American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology & Audiology (AAPPSPA)
- 28 years in public schools and private practice
- Special Education Eligibility Chairperson at elementary and middle school levels
- Experience with many different communication difficulties including: articulation, apraxia, stuttering, expressive and receptive language, social skills/social pragmatics, auditory processing, vocal hoarseness, tongue thrust